https://getyoursiterank.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Press-Releases-Do-Not-Help-Rankings-or-Does-it1.jpg 555 2000 Online Ion https://getyoursiterank.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo.png Online Ion2013-08-07 15:00:472016-07-02 10:51:05Press Releases Do Not Help Rankings or Does it?
Several Mondays ago, Matt Cutts from Google wrote in Google forums that link coming back from press releases do not help in search engine rankings!
On the other hand, SEO Consult blog performed a test explaining how press release backlinks can actually help in ranking your site higher in Google. Ironically, the test was conducted on Matt blog where SEO Consult published press release with a link (anchor) text “sreppleasers” on PR.com pointing back to Matt’s blog.
Shortly after, Google indexed the press release and Matt’s blog started to rank for the text link in that press release!
What Did Matt’s Comment Mean About Press Release Rankings?
So, what Matt meant in his comment in Google forum when he said, “I don’t think press release links can benefit your website’s rankings” Did he mean it won’t be useful for high competitive keywords? Or was he pointing to particular PR sites? We aren’t sure, though!
Meanwhile, there has been LOT of discussions on whether putting backlinks on press release can actually help in search engine rankings for specific phrases. Although Matt Cutts thinks that having backlinks in press releases don’t really benefit search engine rankings, the above example proves it otherwise.
Press Release – Does it really help in Improving Site’s Ranking?
Just like article directories, a press release is a tool that helps you improve your brand awareness. If you’re launching a site, you can write an informative press release about it and post on high ranking press release sites like PR.com or PRWeb to let the world know about your product/service(s).
However, submitting a press release along with an anchor text to a “spammy” PR sites for the sole purpose of gaining higher ranking is NEVER recommended. If you think you’ll gain better rankings through low quality PR sites, it will likely go down the drain just as article submission sites did when thousands of SEMs tried to manipulate SEO rankings by placing spammy backlinks in their articles.
So, we highly suggest that you stick to what works and what Google recommends. That means creating press releases containing useful links that provide in-depth information on the topic to publishers. In other words, attract traffic naturally by writing down high quality and useful content.
Press Releases – Effective Tips to Improve Search Engine Rankings
Well, if you are really serious about BOOSTING your site’s ranking through PR sites, then here are 5 effective tips you can follow:
1. Select relevant keywords – In your SEO campaign, you always need to be aware of list of keywords that you will aim to build rankings of your site. So, choose few keywords from your master list that has high relevance to the press release content.
2. Use proper keywords in Press Release – After you’ve chosen few relevant keywords to the content of your press releases, insert them naturally into the title as well as the body.
Don’t try to stuff the keywords as they will disrupt the flow of the article and irritate readers. Distribution services will abruptly reject those press releases that appear spammy.
Plus, make sure that you have an anchor text with your main keyword in it so that visitors are taken to a more relevant page on your website.
3. Pay for legitimate distribution service – Although you may find large number of FREE press release distribution sites/services out there, nonetheless, they come with limitations – links are not allowed in the press release when used as free and you have very little control over its distribution.
Instead, use a paid distribution service as they offer you the best opportunity to have your PR get picked up and indexed on several other related sites.
4. Post as a web page or a blog – To make press release more valuable, write a copy of it in a slightly different manner and post it on your site/blog. Not only it will improve your website content, but it will also retain for long allowing visitors to find more information whenever they require.
5. Use social media for promotion – Once you’ve published the press release, use social media to promote it and ask others to share it by putting up like and share buttons wherever appropriate.
If your readers find your press release attractive and interesting, they’ll more likely share them, and as a result, you’ll receive more social connections and build you online presence better.
In summary, we think press releases are not only useful to inform your audience about important news about your site but also BOOST the search engine rankings to attract more readers to your site.